Start Date: 9/22/2020 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 9/23/2020 4:00 PM EDT
O & K Truck Repairs, Ltd.
350 Grand Island Blvd.
Tonawanda, NY United States 14150
Trucking Association of New York
- Enable the in-service heavy vehicle technician to service, repair, maintain and diagnose major types of heavy vehicle brake systems;
- Introduce heavy vehicle brake system theory, operation, and inspection to the in-service technician;
- Define, generically, the various types of braking systems; and
- Convey to the technician the importance of proper brake servicing.
The two-day course will include training in:
- All aspects of a heavy duty brake system: all modules, including ABS module and ABS training
- Factors which control vehicle stopping
- Brake regulations
- Braking system types
- Air brakes
- Air valves
- Hydraulic brakes
- Construction of foundation brakes
- Brake actuating mechanisms
Certification in heavy advanced braking systems training is provided upon successful completion of the course.
This course complies with 49 CFR § 396.25.
Lunch will be provided both days.
Registration deadline is September 15, 2020. Class size is limited to 10 people.
Safety precautions to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 will be practiced and enforced.
To pay by check, download the registration form here and remit to Trucking Associaton of New York.