Government Affairs Committee
The Government Affairs Committee of the NYSMTA was created to develop policies to guide the association’s stand on local, state and national issues. The committee meets via regularly scheduled conference calls and is tasked with:
· Advocating for the industry by promoting highway safety;
· Providing educational programs and fostering a healthy business environment;
· Assisting in developing the association’s legislative agenda;
· Reviewing regulatory and legislative issues and assisting in determining the association’s position on those issues;
· Reviewing policy and position papers;
· Assisting with the development and promotion of the association’s annual “Call on Albany;” and
· Continuing to develop and enhance the association’s Government Affairs program.
Interested in getting involved in the Government Affairs Committee? Contact the association!